Although cooking pasta may seem like a breeze ( just to think of it ) , like just add water and pasta but still there are times it can go wrong. For example, if it gets too much cooked or too undercooked for that matter. That’s when you realize there comes a set of skills to cook one of your favorite Italian meals. Cooking the pasta right will take your dish off the table and into the mouth of your guests in the blink of an eye. After all, nobody like a mushy pasta or a pasta that is too chewy.
Here is how to cook your pasta perfectly every single time.
1. Take a large pot and fill it with water. The pot should be really big so that the pasta can move around freely. The amount of water should also be more, about 4 times the amount of pasta.
2. Bring the water to a boil. The water should be literally boiling and only then should you put your pasta in.
3. Add salt and stir. Again stir and stir. Make it a point to stir your pasta at least 4-5 times. This will help prevent the pasta to form one large ball.
4. Check for the pasta if it’s cooked. Take a single strand and bite through it. It should slice easily without any hard part.
5. Reserve one cup of pasta water to add while making the sauce. This gives a unique taste and flavor.
6. Drain the pasta in a colander. Mix into the pasta sauce along with the reserved water. Do not keep the pasta waiting in the colander. Make sure the sauce is getting ready while you cook the pasta.
Serve your pasta hot.